Domestic & Commercial EPC Certificate provider

Stacey Surveys Ltd

We are a local Commercial EPC certificate provider based in Trealaw, right next to Porth. We can provide Non-domestic EPC certificates to estate agents, private owners, landlords and solicitors.

As soon as a commercial building in Porth is in the process of being offered for sale or rent, it is the responsibility of the seller or landlord (relevant person), to make available free of charge an EPC to any prospective buyer or tenant.

Penalties for failing to make a commercial EPC available to any prospective buyer or tenant when selling or renting a non-domestic dwelling is fixed, in most cases, at 12.5 per cent of the rateable value of the building, with a default penalty of £750 where the formula cannot be applied. The range of penalties under this formula are set with a minimum of £500 and capped at a maximum of £5,000!

A commercial EPC is derived from standard information regarding the energy efficiency levels and carbon emissions present in a building, when checked against a comparative building.

A recommendation report is provided, specifying how improvements could be made which improves the energy rating. A Commercial Energy Performance Certificate is valid for 10 years, or until a newer version is produced

The history of Porth in the Rhondda with its mining heritage, brought a large stock of commercial property, built between 1850 and 1930, of which is good for our heritage, but are not very energy efficient. Our surveyor will take this heritage into consideration while completing your EPC.

Non domestic EPC for commercial premises in Porth

Non domestic EPC for commercial premises in Porth Commercial EPC for buildings in Porth

Who is responsible for buying an EPC?

The seller or landlord is responsible for ensuring there is a Commercial EPC certificate for the non-domestic building, or part of the building, being sold or let, even if an agent or another service organisation is acting on their behalf. The seller or landlord must ensure any person acting on their behalf (i.e. estate or letting agent) is complying with the regulations.

Is an unheated Commercial building exempt from EPBD and an EPC not therefore required?

The guidance says that if a building is expected to have heating, mechanical ventilation or air conditioning installed, it will require an EPC based on the assumed fit-out in accordance with the requirements in Part L of the Building Regulations.


If a sale or lease transaction relates to a commercial property such as, but not retricted to a retail shop, restaurant, café, take away, public house, wine bar, workshop, hotel, leisure centre, office, etc, (i.e. a building that is usually heated) then it requires a Non-domestic EPC whether or not a heating system is actually present.